Privacy & credit reporting policy
This is the privacy and credit reporting policy of ResourceCo Holdings Pty Ltd and each of its related Australian entities (‘ResourceCo Group’, ‘we’ or ‘us’). The purpose of this policy is to ensure that any individual who provides information to ResourceCo group is protected under Australian law in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’).
ResourceCo Group will be considered a credit provider in relation to providing credit under the Privacy Act when it provides credit terms of more than 7 days to its customers who are sole traders (individuals) or in a partnership. ResourceCo Group will in such circumstances comply with the privacy (credit reporting) code in relation to the credit.
Words defined in the Privacy Act have the same meaning when used in this policy.
Protecting your privacy
We seek to protect and maintain the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information. We will comply with the Australian privacy principles (‘apps’) in the Privacy Act.
Collection of Information
The types of personal information we collect and store about you will depend on our relationship with you. It will include some or all of the following:
- Your name, current address, previous address details;
- Date of birth and gender;
- Email addresses and telephone and or mobile numbers;
- Current and previous employment information;
- Your driver’s licence and/or other licence or ticket numbers;
- Credit card details;
- Photo or video footage of you, including through the use of cctv, drone or time lapse footage;
- Your geo-location and/or real-time GPS location; and
- Your credit-related personal information.
We collect information when you use our website. Please refer to the website section of this policy for further details.
Social Inclusion Information
In certain circumstances we may, with your consent, collect personal information that may also be considered sensitive information about your racial or ethnic origin, migration, social or economic status, affiliations and background. For example, we may ask you about whether you identify as:
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
- Someone with a disability;
- A migrant, refugee or an asylum seeker;
- A disengaged youth;
- An ex-offender or Youth Justice Client;
- A military veteran;
- An at-risk person; and
- Someone who was long-term unemployed or retrenched from their previous industry.
This information is statistical in nature and does not identify you. We only seek this information when it is a requirement of government funded projects. We may collect this information through online surveys. Provision of this information is entirely voluntary, and you will have the choice of not identifying with any of the options and/or not answering any of the questions presented in the survey. By providing us with this information, you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing this information for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may also collect details of any injuries sustained or other health information provided by our contractors or by key individuals of those contractors as part of the contractor’s engagement. We will also collect health information when you apply for a job with us.
If there is another person named in any correspondence, you may need to provide their personal information (including for example emergency contact details and next of kin details) and you warrant that the other person has consented to the collection of their personal information for the reasons it is being collected.
Credit-Related Personal Information
ResourceCo Group sometimes provides goods and services to customers on credit. In connection with this credit, ResourceCo Group does in some cases handle certain consumer credit related personal information described below (‘credit-related personal information’), including information from credit reporting bodies (‘CRBs’). For example, ResourceCo Group may handle this information in providing credit to sole traders, or where individuals such as directors provide personal guarantees for credit ResourceCo Group provides to their companies.
We may collect credit-related personal information about you such as:
- Your name, sex, date of birth, driver’s licence number and employer;
- Confirmation of previous information requests to CRBs made by other credit providers and credit insurers about you;
- Details of previous credit applications, including the amount and type of credit and credit limit;
- Details of current and previous credit arrangements, including credit providers, start/end dates and certain terms and conditions;
- Permitted payment default information, including information about related payment arrangements and subsequent repayment;
- Information about serious credit infringements (e.g. Fraud);
- Information about adverse court judgments and insolvency;
- Publicly available information about the individual’s credit worthiness; and
- Any credit score or credit risk assessment indicating a CRB’s or credit provider’s analysis of the individual’s eligibility for consumer credit.
If you do not provide personal information
The main consequence for you, if some or all of the above personal information is not collected by us is that we may not be able to provide goods, services (including on credit) or information to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard as if we had the information requested. We may also not be able to engage you or your employer to provide services to us.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. We mainly collect information from you when you knowingly provide it to us including via signing up to our newsletter on our website, when you apply for a job with us, when you attend or perform work at our sites, when you contract with us, make a request or enquiry of us or where your employer is engaged to provide goods or services to us.
We collect personal information from our suppliers and commercial customers when they provide it to us as part of an application to supply goods and/or services or when they request ResourceCo Group to provide goods and/or services.
We also collect personal information from our contractors or those contractor’s employees, including when such individuals undertake training, site inductions or where they are required to provide information in order to contract with us.
If we employ or engage you to provide transport services, we may, with your consent, also collect your GPS location data in real-time either through the dedicated GPS units installed by third parties in our heavy vehicles or through your use of our E-Docket mobile application (if location services are enabled on your mobile phone).
We may also collect personal information about you from your representatives, including your spouse, business partner or professional adviser (where it is reasonable and practical to do so).
We may collect credit-related information from the “trade references” or bankers you list in our credit application, or such other credit providers named in a credit report issued by a credit reporting agency.
ResourceCo Group may obtain a credit report from a credit reporting agency about your personal credit worthiness and activities, or where it is relevant to collecting overdue payments, in respect of credit provided to you, information in relation to collecting overdue payments.
Why we collect, hold and use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about individuals when it is necessary for us to carry on our business functions or to comply with laws.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to answer your enquiry or to provide the information or service that you requested.
We may also collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information:
- Conduct checks for credit worthiness or fraud;
- To enable us to develop, administer and manage our services and business;
- To verify your identity;
- To customise service to better meet your needs and preferences;
- For statistical purposes;
- For future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing;
- For research purposes to better improve our websites, products or services;
- For other customer support purposes;
- To deal with complaints, queries or feedback; and
- When authorised or required by law.
- Direct marketing
ResourceCo Group may engage in direct marketing. If you prefer not to hear from us, please contact us or if available, click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email we send you and you will be removed from any future communications.
If we employ or engage you to provide transport services to us as part of the transport services that we provide to our customers, we may also collect, hold, use and disclose your real-time GPS location information to enable us to manage and develop the transport services that we provide to our customers, to ensure compliance with our customers’ project requirements and to ensure our services comply with applicable laws.
When we may disclose your personal information to third parties
In the course of conducting our business we may provide your personal information to:
- Credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
- Our related companies;
- Employees, contractors and subcontractors;
- An individual’s representatives;
- Government and regulatory authorities; and
- Our professional advisers, including our lawyers, auditors and accountants.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To meet the purpose for which it was submitted;
- If we have your consent to do so or otherwise when we are authorised by law; or
- If we are required by law to disclose the information.
ResourceCo Group may disclose your personal information to its subcontractors or consultants when it engages third party service providers to undertake works as part of its service delivery to its customers.
ResourceCo Group may exchange personal information with its contractors who provide services to ResourceCo Group including third parties who undertake internal business processes, including:
- Mailing services;
- Billing and debt recovery functions;
- Marketing functions; and
- Website, data management and technology services.
- Credit-related personal information
ResourceCo Group may disclose credit-related personal information to CRBs to assist the CRBs to maintain information about individuals to provide to other credit providers for credit assessments.
ResourceCo Group may collect credit-related personal information from CRBs for purposes including, to the extent permitted by law, to assess relevant credit or guarantee applications, manage and review the credit or guarantee, assign debts, collect overdue payments and produce assessments and ratings in respect of the individual’s credit worthiness. ResourceCo Group may also exchange credit-related personal information with guarantors, debt buyers and other credit providers.
ResourceCo Group use Creditor Watch as a CRB.
ResourceCo Group may disclose personal information to overseas recipients where:
- The overseas recipient is a party to the matter for which you have engaged us; or
- We have engaged an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as SaaS (software as a service) or cloud-based storage solutions.
- The countries in which such recipients are located will depend on the nature of the services being provided by us and the particular matter involved. We will, where practicable, advise you of the countries in which overseas recipients are likely to be located.
Please note that the use of overseas service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information to that overseas provider. However, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to the storage of such information on overseas servers and you acknowledge and agree that app 8.1 will not apply to the extent that such storage constitutes a cross-border disclosure. It should be noted however, that international recipients may not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists under the apps, and in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the apps, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under the Privacy Act.
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. Electronic information such as GPS location data will be stored on a secure server. We use third party system providers who may store have access to your personal information. All personal information held by us will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We will take reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through security methods; and
- Destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
When you visit our websites (including our social media pages), we or agencies on our behalf and our internet service provider may monitor and take a record of your visit and log “clickstream data” for statistical purposes such as your server’s IP address.
Any link on the ResourceCo Group website to external entities are not covered within this policy (except for our social media pages). The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain names of https://resourceco.com.au/ and http://www.tyrecycle.com.au/ and any of our social media pages.
At your request we will provide details of the personal information we hold about you. The release of information is subject to some exceptions such as information relating to existing or any anticipated legal proceeding, together with exceptions provided by the Privacy Act.
Unless unusual circumstances apply, we should provide access of your personal information to you within 30 days of the request.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for providing access to your information to your information when permitted by law. We will not charge the individual for the making of the request, for correcting the personal information or for associating the statement with the personal information (as the case may be).
To protect your personal information, the request to us must be in writing and can be sent by letter or facsimile or email. All correspondence should be addressed to:
Mail: ATT: Privacy Officer
Level 1, 162 Fullarton Road
Rose Park SA 5067
Our objective is to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe.
We also aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date and complete. Amendment of personal information will be conducted upon written or verbal request from you. You can contact us by writing to the address above to do this.
We are committed to the protection of your privacy and personal information. Complaints you may have about your personal information can be lodged with us by using the contact details above.
We will attempt to resolve any complaints within 10 working days. If resolution is not possible within this timeframe, we will contact you to discuss the matter further.
You also have the right under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the information commissioner.
Changes to this policy
This policy is subject to change over time without prior notice. We may amend this policy by updating this posting.
Copies of this policy
You can ask us to provide you with a copy of this policy, including a hard copy, by contacting us using the contact details above.
Date published: May 2023